Tabata Something Else
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
Post total reps from all 32 intervals to comments.
Thoughts from Wednesday’s WOD (10 x 100m runs w/ 2 min rest between runs)
1. This was much harder than I thought it should be…and than it should have been
2. While programming this WOD, we thought 2 min would potentially be too long…that thought went away after the first run
3. This WOD was the same as a Max Effort/Baseline Strength day (i.e. Back Squat 5,5,5). This is a baseline speed day. To allow maximum intensity on each effort, to improve speed and running form, the rest was ESSENTIAL. I’d go so far as to say a bit longer rest would have been justified.
4. Many athletes had a desire to turn this into a Metcon WOD. They can’t all be that way. If all you do is Metcon without reinforcing baseline elements of General Physical Skills, you are, in essence, specializing. This is a “four-letter” word in the CrossFit world.
5. We need to do short/fast run and row intervals a bit more frequently.